Forum

Join the Conversation – Connecting with the Community

Online discussion groups provide a valuable forum for the members of the Histiocytosis association to share practical information and provide emotional support to one another. Members of the Online Histio Community are encouraged to connect with other patients and families through this helpful, interactive resource.

Notifications
Clear all

Share Your Inspirational Stories  

Histio Champion
Admin
(@histio-champion)
Histio Champion

Please share your Inspiration Stories

3 Replies
chelle_16
(@chelle_16)
Miss

#helloimnew

Hello 

I have been on the HLH journey since 2016 after failed attempts to treat the disease I had an Allogenic Stem Cell Transplant in 2019. I came into contact with HistioUK in 2017 after my first year with the disease and needing to understand more about the illness. I'm now recovering well.

Michelle

1 Reply
Histio Champion
Admin
(@histio-champion)

Histio Champion

@chelle_16

Great to hear your doing well !

Thank you for sharing your inspirational news. 
It is marvellous to hear.

Prof.
(@prof)

I have an encouraging LCH story. Many years ago, a lady from Brazil got in touch with me about her son who had LCH. He was at that time a boy of about ten and was treated locally. However the mother had managed to find out about the late Dr John Pritchard and corresponded with him about the boy. After John's death, she discovered my name and emailed me about her son, who still had some symptoms but single system disease. I reassured her that her local doctors were treating him correctly. About five years ago she wrote to me again, this time to tell me he was now completely well and was getting married. She sent me photos of herself, her son and his bride. Very recently she was in touch again asking whether he should get immunised against covid 19 when vaccines become available in Brazil. She also asked me how to get him to stop smoking. Her son has not had any symptoms for at least fifteen years and is perfectly healthy, so I could see no reason why he should not be immunised, though stopping smoking would be wise for very many reasons.

Share: